Lemon-basted Roast Chicken
- 4 chicken portions (legs or breasts with wings)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, or 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh, finely chopped
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 6og/2 1/2oz butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 9oml/3floz fresh lemon juice
2. Sprinkle the chicken with the oregano and garlic powder. Melt the butter in a roasting tin or casserole dish, add the chicken and turn to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Roast the chicken skin-side up, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Turn the pieces over and continue roasting until brown, about 30 more minutes. Squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken.
4. Cover and leave the chicken to rest in the turned-off oven for 15 minutes. Remove to a platter and serve.