Pecan Orange Macaroons
Calories per 2 macaroon: 62
WW points per 2 macaroon: 1
- 90g/3 1/2oz unsweetened flaked coconut
- 40g/1 1/2oz pecans, lightly toasted and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pure orange extract
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 11og/4oz granular sugar substitute
2. Mix the coconut, pecans, cream and orange extract together in a bowl.
3. Beat the egg whites until thick and foamy. Add the cream of tartar and the sugar substitute gradually, beating until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold in the coconut mixture.
Line two baking trays with parchment paper and drop slightly rounded teaspoonfuls (walnut size) onto the sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the tops are lightly browned and the bottom is golden. Cool on a wire rack.